We have extended the The Great Community Virtual Challenge – a bit of fun to keep us busy and healthy.
Whilst we are personally dealing with the impacts of the Coronavirus, vulnerable young members of our communities are being left exposed. Mentoring Plus needs help to tackle the impact of this disease on our young people.
This is where you can help – The idea is to virtually walk/run/cycle the distance from Bath to all nine twinned towns/cities associated with Bath and NE Somerset (where we predominantly work) finishing back in Bath – all 3675 miles.
- Alkmaar The Netherlands twinned with Bath
- Brunswick, Germany twinned with Bath
- Kaposvár, Hungary twinned with Bath
- Aix-en-Provence, France twinned with Bath
- Libourne, France twinned with Keynsham
- Ambares et Legrave, France twinned with Midsomer Norton
- Cressy-sur-Somme, France twinned with Swainswick
- Artannes-sur-Indre. France twinned with Bathford
- Oudon, France twinned with Batheaston
Just post your mileage from your daily exercise – it can be mileage around house, garden, dog walking, your one daily stroll (within government guidelines). Add it to the grand tally, via posting or tagging us on social media, Facebook @MentoringPlusBathNESomerset Instagram @mentoringplus, Twitter @mentoringplus, or Ruth.firstname.lastname@example.org. No mileage is too small – this is a community effort!
A donation of £5 would be great if you can – this will help Mentoring Plus undertake its work in these challenging times – see our ‘Donate’ button on our website, ‘Shop Now’ or ‘buy a ticket’ on our facebook page – this will take you to our Just Giving page.
Let’s see where we can get to, virtually, as a community!
Please follow us on our journey through Europe here.