Dear volunteers, supporters, families and friends
We hope you’re still keeping well during this unprecedented time. We’re inviting you, your family and friends to take part in national scheme The 2.6 Challenge from Sunday 26 April to help to save the UK’s charities.
As you know, the Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities, with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in fundraising income.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event.
We’re asking you to take part in an activity of your choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to support Mentoring Plus via twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
People of all ages are taking on The 2.6 Challenge with a host of activities – from walking, running or cycling 2.6 miles, juggling for 2.6 minutes, to holding online workouts with 26 friends. The ideas and options are endless!
The only requirement is that you must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. Most people are taking part from Sunday 26 April, but you can do your activity whenever is most convenient for you.
There are just five simple steps to take:
- Dream up your own 2.6 Challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas at www.twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
- Donate £26 – or whatever you would like to give – to Mentoring Plus or set up a fundraising page via this link https://twopointsixchallenge.justgiving.com/get-involved?charityId=189950
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you. Why not challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge for Mentoring Plus?
- Complete your challenge. If you’re getting sporty, please ensure it suits your personal fitness level and make sure you are well hydrated before exercising!
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and tag us @MentoringPlus
For further information on The 2.6 Challenge, including a list of partners and supporters, and for more ideas about what your activity could be, visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk.
Whether you’re running around your home for 2.6 miles, doing 26 press-ups with your dog on your back, skipping for 2.6 minutes with your children, or something else just as imaginative – thank you for helping to save the UK’s charities.